News broke that
- Cambridge Analytica had harvested data on as many as 50 million Facebook users.
- Russian paid Advertisements were targeted based on profile specifics
- Mr. Stamos, the CISO planned to leave Facebook in December but was persuaded to stay till August.
- His security team was reduced from 100+ to 3.
- He disagreed about disclosure of Russian trolls.
- Facebook executives care about their reputation (trust with the customers) and didn’t want to disclose
- Facebook said it wasn’t a “breach”.
- Zuckerberg says sorry.
Many of those 50 million facebook usersdon’t care about the definition of a data breach. They are now scrolling through Twitter with the hashtag #deletefacebook.
- Is Twitter as honest about the Russian trolls? They had some issues as well
- The CISO of Twitter quit his job as well.
Picture is from the New York time